SPECIALIZED PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Design and Assessment
- Plumbing Design and Assessment
- Mechanical Failure Analysis
- Mechanical Construction Claims Analysis
- Chemical Engineering
Bachelor of Applied Science (Chemical Engineering), University of Waterloo, 1977
- Energy Auditing and Management, University of Toronto, 1994
- Air Conditioning Engineering, Trane Company Graduate Engineer's Course, 1977
Giffin Koerth Inc.
November 2008 – Present, Toronto, ON
Techaire Systems Canada Inc.
April 1985 – Present, Brampton, ON
Responsible for providing design and project management services to the public
AEGIS Engineering Limited
May 2001 – March 2012, Vaughan, ON
AEGIS offers mechanical engineering design and project management services to the public
September 1984 – April 1985, Toronto, ON
Ainsworth Electric Limited
Air Conditioning / Heating Department Manager
April 1984 – September 1984, Toronto, ON
Responsible for developing the department within the company as an adjunct to the Mechanical Contracting Department
Albern Mechanical Limited
October 1981 – April 1984, Toronto, ON
Responsible for growth and development of air conditioning / heating service agency within the company
CIMCO Refrigeration Limited
Systems Sales Engineer
September 1980 – October 1981, Toronto, ON
Responsible for design and sales of large commercial refrigeration systems
Trane Company of Canada
Equipment Sales Engineer, Toronto Sales Office
June 1977 – September 1980, Toronto, ON
Responsible for sales of commercial air conditioning / heating equipment to contractor accounts. Duties included assisting in design process, order procurement, delivery expediting. Remuneration was on a straight commission basis.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES / ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario, and licensed Professional Engineer since 1979.
- Member, American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) since 1993.
- Member, Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) since 2000; Member, Toronto Board of Trade, since 1984.